Fluhrer Reed is a structural engineering firm offering comprehensive structural engineering for commercial and residential spaces. Located in downtown Raleigh, NC, we make our home in the Pilot Mill warehouse – a distinctive, century-old industrial building converted into modern office lofts.
The principals of Fluhrer Reed are Mitchell Fluhrer and Banning Reed, who met in engineering school at NC State University. In March, 1999, they pooled their resources and launched Fluhrer Reed. Since founding Fluhrer Reed, they have consulted on over 2,000 projects across the Southeast.
Mitch and Banning have built a unique working environment that values cooperation and promotes solid teamwork. As a result, when you enter our office, you won’t find calculator-pushers who keep to themselves and hide behind cubicle walls. Instead, you’ll find our engineers collaborating on projects and loving what they do. Their passion for their work clearly shows in the quality of our designs.
Here are a few facts about our firm:
- Over 90% of our customers return to the firm with new projects, which is a sign of our unwavering commitment to client services.
- We use the latest in engineering consulting tools—from analysis software to computer-aided drafting and Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- We recognize the importance of ‘Green’ building practices and members of our staff are LEED AP certified.
- We are a Certified Small Business by the Small Business Administration.
- In 2009, we were named as one of the Top 100 Small Businesses in North Carolina.
We are committed to giving you our best and are confident in our ability to offer creative, practical solutions for your projects.